A better way to get your taxes done

Embrace the ease of remote filing. Our tax experts ensures a seamless, virtual tax experience. Convenient, secure, and hassle-free.


Welcome to your virtual tax office

Get your taxes done accurately and effortlessly from the comfort of your home. Upload your documents securely, communicate with your tax preparer, and receive completed tax returns remotely. Our service is competitively priced and flexible. Maximize your tax refunds and simplify the tax preparation process – try our virtual tax service today!

File Now, Pay Later

Pay your tax prep fees in affordable installments over time rather than one lump sum, powered by Affirm® 


We’ll simply deduct your tax prep fees from your federal refund and send the balance to your bank account.

Refund Advance

Skip the wait! Get the money you need fast, up to $6,000. Offered from January 6 to March 15th.

Prepaid Card Option

Get your refund up to 4 days faster! After IRS processing, refunds load directly to a FasterMoney® Discover® Prepaid Card.

Tax Audit Defense

As an add-on, Tax Audit Defense provides you up to $1,000,000 in services to resolve IRS notices, inquiries, or audits related to your tax return.

Client Referral Program

Refer your friends and family to TaxVirtually. You’ll receive a $50 Visa® Gift Card for each funded referral.

Convenient. Easy. Secure

Virtually effortless tax prep

Say goodbye to the hassle of scheduling appointments and waiting in line at a tax office. Our Mobile App and Customer Portal provides a simple, organized, and secure space to send and receive tax documents, answer your questions, sign returns, and much more.

From start to refund

The process is easy



Download our app and snap a picture of your tax documents



Answer some basic tax questions and send your documents through our mobile app.



Review and sign your tax return remotely. It’s that simple!

Our happy customers

$ 0 *
Federal + 1 State Return
$ 86
State Return
$ 50
to e-file

You ask, we answer

Here are our FAQ. If you have any additional questions, text us at 302-778-9494 or tap the orange icon/button.

No. If we prepare your taxes, you are obligated to compensate us for the forms used to prepare your tax return and work performed, even if you decide to go somewhere else to have your taxes done.

Invoices that are not paid within 30 days will be subject to collection efforts.

You are required to sign an engagement letter before we start working on your tax return to acknowledge that you understand and agree to these terms.


Basic tax returns start at $150 for individuals filing as “Single” and includes Federal and 1 State return.

Our prices are calculated based on the complexity and determined by our tax software. More complex returns such as those claiming dependents, rental income, capital gains, business returns, etc will increase the price.

The documents and information you need for tax prep depend on your tax situation. To help you prepare, we’ve created a checklist to help you know what forms to upload. Contact us if you have any questions.


Tax Identification Numbers are mandatory items on your checklist. All taxpayers will need the following to do their taxes.

  • Your social security number or tax ID number
  • Your spouse’s full name, social security number or tax ID number, and date of birth
  • Information about your stimulus payment — also known as an economic impact payment (EIP)— if applicable — you may have IRS Notice 1444 or other records showing your EIP amount
  • Identity Protection PIN, if one has been issued to you, your spouse, or your dependent by the IRS
  • IRS Letter 6475– your 2021 Economic Impact Payment, to determine eligibility to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit
  • Routing and account numbers to receive your refund by direct deposit or pay your balance due if you choose



Parents and caregivers should gather this information as they review what they need to file their taxes.

  • Dates of birth and social security numbers or tax ID numbers
  • Childcare records (including the provider’s tax ID number) if applicable
  • Income of dependents and of other adults in your home
  • Form 8332 showing that the child’s custodial parent is releasing their right to claim a child to you, the noncustodial parent (if applicable)
  • IRS Letter 6419 – official documentation that has the details you need to report your advance Child TaxCredit (CTC) payments



Many of these forms won’t be needed to file taxes every year. For example, you will only receive the investment forms you may need to file your taxes if you had distributions or other activity.


  • Form W-2



  • Forms 1099, Schedules K-1, income records to verify amounts not reported on 1099MISC or new 1099-NEC
  • Records of all expenses — check registers or credit card statements, and receipts
  • Business-use asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation.
  • Office in-home information, if applicable
  • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)

Rental Income

  • Records of income and expenses
  • Rental asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)

Retirement Income

  • Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
  • Traditional IRA basis (i.e., amounts you contributed to the IRA that were already taxed)
  • Social security/RRB income (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)

Savings & Investments or Dividends

  • Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-DIV)
  • Income from sales of stock or other property (1099-B, 1099-S)
  • Dates of acquisition and records of your cost or other basis in property you sold (if basis is not reported on 1099-B)
  • Health Savings Account and long-term care reimbursements (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
  • Expenses related to your investments
  • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)
  • Transactions involving cryptocurrency (Virtual currency)

Other income & Losses

  • Gambling income (W-2G or records showing income, as well as expense records)
  • Jury duty records
  • Hobby income and expenses
  • Prizes and awards
  • Trust income
  • Royalty income 1099-MISC
  • Any other 1099s received
  • Record of alimony paid/received with ex-spouse’s name and SSN
  • State tax refund



The types of deductions you can take depend a lot on your life situation. It’s likely you won’t need all of the documents listed below for your taxes.

Home Ownership

  • Forms 1098 or other mortgage interest statements
  • Real estate and personal property tax records
  • Receipts for energy-saving home improvements (e.g., solar panels, solar water heater)
  • All other 1098 series forms

Charitable Donations

  • Cash amounts donated to houses of worship, schools, and other charitable organizations
  • Records of non-cash charitable donations
  • Amounts of miles driven for charitable or medical purposes

Medical Expenses

  • Amounts paid for healthcare, insurance, and to doctors, dentists, and hospitals

Health Insurance

  • Form 1095-A if you enrolled in an insurance plan through the Marketplace (Exchange)

Childcare expenses

  • Fees paid to a licensed daycare center or family day care for care of an infant or preschooler
  • Amounts paid to a babysitter or provider care of your child under age 13 while you work Expenses paid through a dependent care flexible spending account at work

Educational Expenses

  • Forms 1098-T from educational institutions
  • Receipts that itemize qualified educational expenses
  • Records of any scholarships or fellowships you received
  • Form 1098-E if you paid student loan interest

K-12 Educator expenses

  • Receipts for classroom expenses (for educators in grades K-12

State and Local Taxes

  • Amount of state and local income or sales tax paid (other than wage withholding)
  • An invoice showing the amount of vehicle sales tax paid and/or personal property tax on vehicles

Retirement & Other Savings

  • Form 5498-SA showing HSA contributions Form 5498 showing IRA contributions All other 5498 series forms (5498-QA, 5498-ESA)

Federally Declared Disaster

  • City/county you lived/worked/had property in
  • Records to support property losses (appraisal, clean-up costs, etc.)
  • Records of rebuilding/repair costs
  • Insurance reimbursements/claims to be paid
  • FEMA assistance information
  • Check the FEMA website (www.fema.gov) to see if your county has been declared a federal



This is important to avoid receiving a notice or a bill from the IRS. Don’t forget to include income from:

  • Goods created and sold on online platforms,
  • Investment income,
  • Part-time or seasonal work,
  • Self-employment or other business activities,
  • Services provided through mobile apps.

Please DO NOT email or text your documents to us. Use your mobile app or secured client portal only.

Maintaining the privacy and security of your documents is our top priority.

If you have any issues uploading your documents, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to assist.

We have multiple payment options to choose from:

  1. Pay with your federal refund.
  2. Pay with your credit/debit card or e-check (ACH). (We reserve the right to delay e-filing your return until e-check clears with your bank)
  3. Pay over time with Affirm®*

We are a remote online tax firm. You can expect the same high quality service as if you were in-person.

Our business hours are: Mon – Fri, 10 am to 6 pm

Our virtual doors are open 24/7, so you can sign up and submit your tax documents anytime.

Here are some general guidelines that might help you determine if you’re self-employed.

You identify with one or more of these work titles:

  • Independent contractor
  • Gig worker (rideshare driver, delivery driver)
  • Freelancer
  • Consultant
  • Small business owner
  • Sole proprietor
  • Entrepreneur


You may have one or more sources of self-employed income:

  • 1099-NEC
  • 1099-K
  • Sale of goods/services
  • Small business income


If this sounds like you, your work, or you filed a Schedule C last year, then you are considered Self-Employed.

We offer multiple ways to receive your refund. You can choose to have the IRS deposit your refund into your bank account via direct deposit or issue you a check.

If you choose to have our tax prep fee deducted from your refund, funds can be loaded to a prepaid card.

We also offer refund advances from January to mid-March.

Visit our Refund Status Center to check the status of your federal and state refund.

Elevate your tax experience, virtually

Experience the ease of remote filing today at an affordable price.

*Fees are starting prices. Price increases when additional forms, schedules, and states are added. The Pay-By-Refund/Refund Transfer & Refund Advance Loans are provided by EPS Financial, a division of Pathward® N.A., Member FDIC. and subject to eligibility. The FasterMoney® Discover® Prepaid Card is issued by Pathward®, N.A., Member FDIC, under a license from Discover Financial Services. Discover and the Discover acceptance mark are service marks used by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC, under license from Discover Financial Services. File Now, Pay Later payment option through Affirm are subject to eligibility and provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders

**Visa® Prepaid Gift Card is issued by Pathward®, N.A. Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the US. No ATM or Cash Access. Funds do not expire. Inactivity fees may apply.